Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day (3D die cut card)

My dad wears a ratty, tattered vest and even though I've given him new ones, he still keeps wearing the old one anyway. He doesn't wear a bow tie, but I think he'll get a kick out of this card anyway.


I've been experimenting in the realm of "printables" and this is made of 3 pieces - the bow tie, shirt, and vest, cut from 1 sheet of letter-size paper on 80lb cover stock. It was fun to shade the bow tie and give it a sense of 3D while really giving a 3D shape. Details in the buttons and stitching was a cinch to print. It helps keep the vest flaps down when the card is closed. I've written my message under the shirt, which is removable.


Somehow I quite like the back as well simply for its minimalism. He's a man of little words, so I'll see what kind of reaction I get during tonight's dinner.


If you'd like to cut this card by hand, I'm selling a "printable" and "cuttable" file on Craftsy.


7 comments:

  1. so cute .. and an awesome idea on father's day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card turned out really adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to look and comment, Jana! :D

      Cecelia

      Delete
  3. Very creative... I love this card so much..

    I recently developed interest for quilling and while searching for nice quilling blogs, happened to see urs and following now :)

    It wud be my pleasure if u have a look at my works.

    http://sravanigopal.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete