Thursday, August 11, 2011

Compact Craft Storage

We’ve finally moved and now I have my own craft room. This was my “before” storage for pencils, pens, felts, scissors, blades, erasers. I trimmed down a magazine file cardboard box from Ikea and cut salvaged foam core sheets (would have been trashed from a sign shop) for dividers. It all fit in the tall drawer of the Effectiv shelf from Ikea and I wish I had taken a photo of everything I managed to store in there before the move. Compact yet visible and quickly reachable.

For my various rolls of adhesive, I stacked the smaller rolls on a tiny tube and gave it a bottom – which all fit inside the large tube holding the larger rolls. Who doesn’t love a 2 for 1 deal?

Scored these 2 shelves off Craigslist (actual photo) for $50 each – can you imagine my drool over those drawers? When we got them home, I realized they belong in the Ikea Museum of Real Wood – what a find! During a recent garage sale hunt, I found a .25 cent miter box (helps you cut wood at true angles) which will help me make wooden dividers for each drawer so my pens and utensils can lie flat.
So although I enjoyed being creative in my small space, I am looking forward to having luxurious storage soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment