Monday, March 21, 2011

Silhouette Pen Comparison

Found a pack of 12 Mini Gel Pens from Staples for $4 and hoped it would fit my pen holder from Silhouette. I was disappointed to see the pen won't go into the holder all the way. The Pentel Metallic Gel Roller fits though!


I took Staples and Silhouette pens apart and realized the Staples pen length was longer, but other than that it was about the same as Silhouette's pens. So I stuck the cap on top and taped the whole thing to prevent it from moving. After my Silhouette pens run out, perhaps I'll just cut down the Staples length and that will be my instant refill.

Here are the comparisons of all 3. Just click on the thumbnails to see a good enlargement of the details.

3 comments:

  1. Love your quilling and am interested in your Sil posts as well since I have the Silhouette. Just FYI, I found the fat markers at the Dollar Tree (the ones I got where scented markers) fit perfectly in the Silhouette. I just use a popsicle stick to position them and voila! I have markers for the Silhouette for $1. I also found some Spider Man markers at the Target Dollar Spot that also work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nelda, thanks for your kudos and more info on where to find suitable markers - isn't it great when you find the right fit? Cecelia

    ReplyDelete