Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Die Cut Jersey Place Cards


These place cards were cut in the shape of soccer jerseys, with each name and table number showing the guests their seating.

A hazard of printing all the way to the cutting edge on coated card stock is powdered toner flaking off. A nice way to pick up all the toner is to wrap packaging tape around your hand with the sticky side out. Gently skim the surface of your paper, picking up the toner before it has a chance to coat the adhesive mat of your die cutter, thereby ruining future adhesion. Note to self: leave a white margin next time!

If you’d like to cut these jerseys, here's a link to download a zipped file containing fillable PDF (yes, it'll look just like the font you see here), SVG, and DXF files.

6 comments:

  1. Love these-I am planning a sports banquet and would love this file-I need to figure out how to put it on a leotard mtsnider99@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mtsnider,

    Thank you for asking - see attached for files in DXF, SVG, and PDF. Let me know if you need another type of file and I'll see if I can help. I would love to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sports jersey. I can already think of a couple of ways to use it. Would you email be the file at suried@sbcglobal.net? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. We are using these for a place card at a wedding and I need to put first and last names. Can you send me an unlocked file so I can make the name box two lines and move the number down? Or can you edit it? I need these for a wedding this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tnavig, I work full time and I've taken on a large project in my spare time. I'm sorry but I won't be able to customize my file for you. I hope my free file is still something you can work with for the wedding. Best of luck!

      Delete