Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Year of the Snake Quilling - Print Items


When I first started my career in graphic design long ago, the culmination of my efforts was smelling the fresh ink off the presses, holding the sheet and imagining how it would be received. I know Feb 10th's Sing Tao and Ming Po newspapers are so "yesterday's newspapers", but it still gives me a feeling of accomplishment – not as a graphic designer this time, but as a quiller.

Here also are the "Lai See" or Red Lucky Envelopes that Home Depot gave out during their promotional event. I was incredibly lucky to have found a Customer Service Rep who not only gave up her own saved package but also hunted down other departments so I could have enough to give to my nieces and nephews this special year.


4 comments:

  1. wow what an accomplishment. You must be jumping out of your seat. I am from the lower mainland too so I will keep an eye out for your ad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes, I had hoped something like this could be possible so I've been overly excited to see this dream come true.

      I'm sorry to tell you the newspaper already came out this past Sunday. I don't know where to get more copies.

      I never realized you were in Surrey - I guess because I'm always distracted by your lovely quilled designs on your blog!

      Delete
  2. great news and my best wishes. you are a great inspiration to me
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for letting me know that Shylaashree. It makes me happy knowing I've inspired others. Your elephant is beautiful!

      Delete