Thursday, January 26, 2012

Liebster Blog Award



I was flattered to be given the Liebster Blog award by the talented Pritesh of Quilling Me Softly. Thank you for being a wonderful cheerleader, Pritesh, and for opening my eyes to so much more online, as I tend to be a navel gazer. There are so many who inspire me but as I searched for the "under 200 followers" blogs, I couldn't believe these 5 didn't already have 2,000 followers! OK, I might have snuck one in that had five over the limit, but really, that's still close enough.


The idea of the Liebster Blog Award is to spread the love from one small blog (under 200 followers) to other small blogs. This helps to spread knowledge and readership.

To accept the award, you must:

1) Link back to the person who gave it and thank them for thinking of you.
2) Post the award to your blog.
3) Give the award to 5 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) that you appreciate and value.
4) Leave a comment on the blogs of the five people you have chosen to let them know.

"Liebster" in German means "dearest", so to carry on the Liebster tradition, I am going to pass the award on to 5 people who's blogs have been an inspiration to me and my crafting. To be honest, passing this on will be difficult as there are so many wonderful small blogs that have inspired me. It will be a challenge to chose only 5.


 

My deep admiration and thanks for inspiration goes to:

Jackie Huang's paper cutting, sculpture, and quilling leave me wanting to jump right into the stories she unfolds.

Suzy Taylor's folk art paper cutting is both intricate and playful at the same time - the details!

Lavanya Naidoo's quilling is just one aspect of her one aspect of her design and illustration talent.

Nela's floral paper cutting is dynamic and playful with such clean lines.

Suzana's quilling/sculptures leaves my jaw on the ground only to be picked up when I ask "how did she do that?". (I couldn't find a number of followers on her blog, but her Facebook page has less than 200 subscribers.)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the award, you're the dearest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog via Pinterest and have scrolled back all the way to the beginning, admiring all your wonderful creations. You are so talented. I so wish I could crochet like that! I am a papercrafter mostly but dabble in all types of crafts. I love you Yin Yang Valentine card--I guess that is what drew me here. Everything is wonderful. I am a new follower. Perhaps you would come over and visit me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond! I've had quite a hectic year with lots of work to post soon. But I'm so thankful for the award! Glad to know someone out there is seeing my work. =)

    ReplyDelete