Saturday, November 19, 2011

No Peeking! Boxes


My nephews are old enough now to want gift cards, but young enough to still be curious about what's under the tree, so I designed a pillow box glued shut with a tear strip so they can "Let 'er rip!" on Xmas day. The handles separate so you can still add it last minute to wrapped box or easily hang it off the xmas tree branch.


I also designed my version of the perfect paper bow – never crushed, always centered, with just the right amount of tilt to the double loops, and no glue needed (my ode to origami masters) – and of course it's all one piece of paper. The box is also glued shut using the "ribbon" which is perforated for easy tearing. Stardream, Mars Red Metallic, 81# Text was used for this bow.




I'm selling these die cut patterns on Etsy along with two bonus gift tags that go with them. I've also had the great pleasure to meet a diverse group of skilled cutting crafters on http://forum.make-the-cut.com who have happily helped me test out my files on cutters other than my dear Silhouette. I'll be following up with a post of their comments and what papers they've used.

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Cecelia. And the bow is all one piece? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean to gift a gift card to someone soon and am looking forward to using these type of boxes for that :) Thanks a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and want to say thank you! What an enjoyable time looking through so many sites. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Indian Wedding Cards - thanks for your compliments! Cecelia

      Delete